I was introduced to Whidbey Island in the late 1980’s when my parents bought a home in the Freeland area. A decade later, I met my wife Teresa Stewart, who grew-up on Whidbey Island (South Whidbey High School Class of 86), while we were both living and working in New York City. In 2007, we left New York and relocated permanently to Whidbey Island.
We have two children, ages 13 and 10, who have been attending Coupeville Schools since 2018 when we moved from South Whidbey to the Coupeville area.
Education: BS Biology (1992)
- Washington State Licensed Foster Parent
- South Whidbey Children’s Center – Chairman and Board Member
- Little League Baseball (Assistant Coach)
- Elementary school classroom volunteer/tutor
- CEO, board member, executive and entrepreneur with 25+ years of experience throughout the healthcare technology, I.T., film/entertainment, management consulting and global import/export industries, with public and private companies.
- Comprehensive business expertise in financial management, fundraising and venture financing, business strategy, product management, operations, marketing, and sales.
Other Interests and things I enjoy from time to time:
- Flying – As a licensed private pilot, touring and overlooking the beauty of the PNW
- Emcee and announcer for equestrian (Dressage) events
- Local crabbing in my 40 year-old, 14 foot, aluminum “yacht”
- Finger-picking away as a very amateur guitarist
- Watching over my farm for retired, aging and otherwise unwanted horses, ponies, donkeys, parrots and the 3 pigs that never made it to the auction at the Whidbey Island Fair